Astringents: Facial Astringents
An astringent helps to stop bleeding and reduce the body secretions because they cause blood vessels and tissues to contract. They are used to make after shave lotions, cologne and other skin preparations like cleansing creams, etc.
Astringent lotions are antiseptic and are also beneficial for those suffering from acne. After steaming the face, wipe your face and neck with astringents.
Tips to be tried at home
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and water and wash your face with it.
- Take the tomato juice of 2 tomatoes and rub your face with it. Wait for half an hour. When it soaks, then wash it off.
- Soak cotton wool in lime juice and use it as astringent.
- Make a paste of a small peach, ½ teaspoon lime juice and ½ teaspoon tomato juice. This is a good astringent.
- Lime juice and cucumber are good astringents.
- Take juice of 2 large lemons, 16 tablespoons of distilled water and 1 tablespoon tincture of benzoin and mix them together. Dip cotton wool in the mixture and apply it on the face.